Welcome

WELCOME!

Thanks for visiting our blog. Please explore our website, too, at www.metisinnovations.com!


Saturday, September 29, 2012

I Want a Truck Book

It has been a whirlwind of a summer and every time I sit down to write a post something else needs to be done: books need to be cataloged; laundry needs to be folded; corn needs to be husked. But today is the day!

You might be reading this because you managed to attend our presentation at ALA "I Want a Truck Book." I had the pleasure of sitting on a panel with Gretchen Casserti from Darien Public Library and Debbie Cooper from Stark County Library on using different cataloging systems with the zero to 5 set. This was such a great experience! Often, as a professional, you wish for the time to examine your practice in a thoughtful way. Writing this presentation really helped us begin to articulate what exactly we have done and why we created Metis. If you want to check out the slides you can find them on slideshare. I've also posted my original intended speech here but if you've ever heard me speak you'll know that what actually was said wasn't really the same as what I wrote. It does have all of the same points and helps to explain the slideshow.

We've been working this summer on writing a FAQ, a how-to workbook, and reproducing our labels so that other libraries can use them. Hopefully, you're going to start seeing some of this posted here soon. As always, if you have any questions please send us an email.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your article in the "School Library Journal." I would love to read your how-to workbook to really get the down and dirty on how you managed this switch. I work at a public library so I'm not dealing entirely with kids, but I think your ideas could be adapted to the public library world. I have subscribed to your blog - please post when you've published the workbook so I can buy it. Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your article in the "School Library Journal." I would love to read your how-to workbook to really get the down and dirty on how you managed this switch. I work at a public library so I'm not dealing entirely with kids, but I think your ideas could be adapted to the public library world. I have subscribed to your blog - please post when you've published the workbook so I can buy it. Thanks! :)